Cremations & Pre-Paid Funerals - Products & Services
Products & Services by T.J. Scott & Son
Excellence in Funeral Service
Excellence in funeral service is the goal at T.J. Scott & Son. Today, with diversifying trends in modern funeral services such as pre-arranged or pre-paid funerals, the Scott family understand the changing needs of the bereaved. This begins with a standard range of services that you can expect with T.J. Scott & Son.
However, the level of personal attention does not end there. From the very first meeting, one of their trained and experienced staff will become your personal funeral arranger. Their role is to be your number one contact to guide you through every aspect of the funeral and burial or cremation from beginning to end. Rather than instructing you what to do, your arranger’s primary role is to provide you with all the options and information available so that you can make the right choices. Of course, T.J. Scott & Son will also strive to satisfy any reasonable request.
For further details on T.J. Scott & Son’s Standard Service you can download this Acrobat pdf document: Professional Funeral Services
Coffins & Caskets
In Australia today, there are a very wide range of coffins and caskets to choose from. Although choosing a coffin is often a difficult thing to do, it’s an very important part of organising someone's funeral. While sometimes a 'no-fuss' person is best honoured by the selection of a coffin with a simple design and minimal features, others will opt for a more elaborate and decorative style to suit the personality of their loved one.
The difference between coffins and caskets is not often understood. The basic difference is that coffins are body-shaped, tapered from the shoulders to the feet, whereas caskets are rectangular in shape. Generally speaking, caskets are significantly larger, more elaborate and feature very ornate drapery and hardware.
T.J. Scott & Son have a large range of coffins and caskets, supplied by the best coffin manufacturers Australia-wide, to suit all individual tastes. Coffins and caskets are available in a wide range of timbers and finishing colours such as teak, walnut, cedar, rosewood, maple, meranti, white and pearl.
For a more personal touch, T.J. Scott & Son also offer a number of alternatives including environmental coffins and locally-made, hand-painted coffins. You may even wish to decorate the coffin yourself.
Click here to view a selection of coffins and caskets available: Coffins & Caskets
Additional Services & Products
Tailoring a Funeral to Your Needs
The philosophy at T.J. Scott & Son is that, although one of the most difficult times in a persons life, a funeral ought to be a celebration of the life of a loved one. While we will naturally feel sad that a loved one has gone, we must also be happy that they were here. Because each person is a unique individual, so to should be the celebration of their life. The aim is to personalise a funeral service, not only for the celebration of someone's life, but also to facilitate the grieving process by encouraging the involvement and input of family and friends.
Additional Services & Products.
There are so many resources that T.J. Scott & Son can draw upon to meet the individual needs of their clients. Generally speaking, no request is unreasonable and the Scott family will try to do all that they can to create a highly personalized funeral service for your loved one. Below are just some of the additional services and products that may also be incorporated into a funeral:
• The option of mourning cars as well as the use of alternative funeral vehicles such as a horse-drawn hearse or Harley-Davidson side-car.
• Audio or video recordings of services
• Live musicians and performances.
• Arranging balloons or birds to be released during a service.
• DVD Presentations – specially made slideshows with musical accompaniment.
• Crucifix Mounts & Burial Shrouds for Catholic Funerals.
• Organising Donations in lieu of flowers to various organisation including: Anti-Cancer Council, the National Heart Foundation, Diabetes Institute, Cystic Fibrosis, Australian Red Cross, Asthma Foundation, the Transplant Promotional Council, Salvation Army, Multiple Sclerosis, Alzheimer’s Association, SIDS, Arthritis Foundation, Brain Foundation, as well as Hospitals and Community Groups.
• National & Military Flags to be draped over the coffin or casket.
• Services by other organisations are also often incorporated into a funeral service, such as RSL, Masonic, Fire Brigade etc.
• Specialist musicians such as Buglers, Vocalists, Bagpipers, Harpists, etc.
• Special floral tributes such as single flowers or rose petals for graveside services.
• Sentimental articles, letters and other objects that can be placed in the coffin or casket.
Click here to view a selection of additional products: Additional Products